Friday, July 24, 2009

Tram Ride through Spring Grove 07/23/09

-Week 4-
I enjoyed being able to take a ride on the tram this week on our ride-about through the cemetery. On the tram ride we covered some of the backlands of Spring Grove I’ve never seen before and I felt like I was really able to take in all of Spring Grove’s scenery. I was so surprised to see how close some of the houses were on Crawford Avenue to the cemetery. When we had reached our destination, I had no idea where I was within the cemetery, but it felt good to walk around territory I haven’t explored. When we got out on the overlook, I was stunned by the view of all the land and trees in the background. I learned that this area overlooks the hills of Clifton and was a popular spot for visiting during the cemetery’s prime. As we came back down from the overlook I felt very relaxed and at ease. I gained a new perspective of the cemetery and it seemed so much bigger than it was before. I was comforted by the fact that though the city may change, the many hundreds of acres of Spring Grove cemetery will still remain fairly the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment